Great CIDOC-Conference is coming up in September. For those of you who haven’t read it before:
The call for papers deadline for CIDOC Conference 2014 has been extended till 20th March.
“Access and Understanding – Networking in Digital Era”
The annual conference of CIDOC, the International Committee for Documentation of ICOM, will take place from 6th – 11th of September 2014 in Dresden, Germany.
Anyone interested from museums and cultural organizations is cordially invited to participate. More details about the conference: http://www.cidoc2014.de/index.php/en .
Discussions and papers will focus on the access to museum collections and cultural heritage in the digital age. Linked data information provide scientists with new and wider perspectives. Experts from museums around the world will address the following themes
• Strategies and Policies in Documentation
• Processes in Museum Documentation
• Museum Documentation as Profession
• Multilingual Terminology
• Digital Long Term Preservation
• Intangible Cultural Heritage
• GIS-Applications in Cultural Heritage
• Digital Documentation in Archaeology
c/o Staedt. Museum Hann. Muenden
CIDOC Board Member