Just one of the small, hidden, big hazards

Last week our electrical devices were checked.

One of the power cables taken out of service due to the check...

One of the power cables taken out of service due to the check…

This happens regularily as safety regulations in Germany require that all equipment is safe to work with.

...it soldered itself to a three way adapter, the connection was nearly inseparable.

…it soldered itself to a three way adapter, the connection was nearly inseparable.


That’s a good thing, because you certainly don’t want to be electrocuted by a defect device, nor do you want your storage burning down because of a malfunctioning power supply. So, if this isn’t a requirement in your country, it’s maybe a good idea to let them check, anyway…

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

This post is also available in: German

3 comments

  1. Thanks for this reminder. Very important to keep this in mind.

  2. Great advice. When staff bring kettles, toasters, and so on to work they seldom (if ever) bring in the newest leaving older ones with faulty power cords at home! All of these should be properly inspected by a qualified electrician before being allow in a collection housing building.

  3. Evelyn Fidler says:

    Great idea!

Leave a Reply to Robert Waller Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *